IN A SMALL TOWN WHERE VOLUNTEERS ARE OVERTAXED WIDE IS SEEKING TO LEVERAGE THE TOWN’S RESOURCES BY coordinating and facilitating collaborative efforts to limit duplication. Below is a list of resources available to aid in the organization and structure of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives within organizations and groups.
Race Equity Tools For Organizations
Building Capacity and Understanding
- Racial Equity Tools provides tools, tips, and research to help organizations evaluate current practices and achieve equity at all levels.
- Cultural Humility to better serve your population.
Audits and Assessment
- Watch this webinar to learn about Equity Audits and how to assess your organization, and develop strategies for change. Or take this Equity Audit from Beloved.
- Use this thorough Equity Toolkit to guide your understanding of equity in your organization and how to conduct and audit and develop and action plan.
- Use this framework for Strategies for Meaningful Inclusion in Service Planning and Delivery. It is aimed at serving Elders, but could be applied to all age populations as a starting place.
- Learn how to use a Racial Equity Impact Assessment to proposed policies or actions will affect specific populations.
- Use this Equity Footprint as a framework to help foundation leaders comprehensively analyze their institutions’ impact (or footprint) in advancing equity.
- Example of an Equity Audit of Library Collections
- Examples of Improving Access and Lowing Barriers to Achieve Equity
Building an Equitable Membership, Board or Workforce
- Confronting the Racial Leadership Gap in Nonprofits
- Toolkit for Recruiting and Hiring a Diverse Workforce
- How The Best Bosses Interrupt Bias on their Teams is a detailed list of concrete hiring and workforce practices to improve equity
Partners in Equity
- Racial Equity Resource Guide For Organizations to search for other organizations doing race equity work in your area
Below there are resources from organizations, boards, and departments in our community who are initiating equitable practices.
- Hiring Practices (Farrington Nature Linc)
- Handling Zoom Bombings/Harassment/Hate Speech During Virtual Meetings